Top 10 Things You Can Do Today To Leave a Legacy
- Prepare a will. Without a will you lose control over your property at death.
- Leave a gift in your will for the L’Arche Canada Foundation and other not-for-profit organizations that you trust and believe in. Imagine the positive impact on people with disabilities and society as a whole if everyone made a gift from their estate to L’Arche and other similar not-for-profit organizations.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the assets in your will to the L’Arche Canada Foundation.
- Consider using assets for your charitable gift. These include but are not limited to cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, term deposits, real estate, vehicles, art, jewelry, or insurance. Such gifts may even provide tax savings.
- Name the L’Arche Canada Foundation as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension.
- Name the L’Arche Canada Foundation as the beneficiary of an existing or paid-up life insurance policy.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy naming the L’Arche Canada Foundation as the beneficiary.
- Remember loved ones with memorial gifts.
- Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to the L’Arche Canada Foundation in their wills.
- Ask your financial or estate planning advisor to include charitable giving as part of their counsel to clients.
Please contact the L’Arche Canada Foundation for more information or investigate the LEAVE A LEGACY™ program website at http://www.leavealegacy.ca/ . This site has some useful information, including these 10 pointers adapted to L’Arche.