An endowment fund is an investment in the future of L'Arche
You might think of it as an RRSP securing vital programs for tomorrow. A named endowment is a deeply personal statement of who you are, what you believe in and in what way L'Arche made an impact on your life. Donations made to your endowment fund are permanently invested and only the investment income is spent each year in support of the program area of your choice.
We would like to acknowledge our current Endowment Fund holders including:
- Alvin and Geraldine Morris Endowment Fund
- Germain Leclair Endowment Fund
- Grant & Lynnette Kaminski Family Endowment Fund
- John & Donna Rietschlin Family Endowment Fund
- Kennedy Family Endowment Fund
- Sarwal Family Endowment Fund
Frequently asked questions
What areas can my endowment fund support?
Endowment funds can be established to support one of the four focus areas:
- Priority needs
- Training & Development
- L'Arche International
Why an endowment fund?
The purpose of an endowment fund is to permanently fund vital programs that receive little or no government funding. Endowment funds allow L'Arche to provide a better quality of life than government funding alone would allow.
How do I build my endowment fund?
At L'Arche, endowment funds begin with a financial commitment of $10,000. Once a fund is established, you can continue to build your fund in many ways:
- Encourage family and friends to support your fund in lieu of gifts at milestone celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries
- Whenever you use our card service (anniversaries, birthdays, memorials), your gift can go to your endowment fund
- Make an annual gift to your endowment fund
- Make a commitment in your will towards your endowment fund
How do I start?
Funds are individually named to honour a donor, a family, or a loved one. The endowment agreement between the Foundation and the donor ensures that the legacy you create today will live on perpetually in the name that you have chosen and fulfill your philanthropic objectives for generations to come.
To begin your endowment fund, please contact Gary Sim for more information.