What is a Planned Gift?
A planned gift is any major gift, made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor’s overall financial and/or estate planning. There are many ways to support L’Arche in Canada through planned giving options:
Bequest – is a notice of a gift being left in a will to a person or a charity.
Insurance – taking out a life insurance policy with a charity as the beneficiary
RRSP/RRIF – people or charities can be added as the beneficiary of the balance of an RRSP or RRIF. This money does not go through probate.
The Jean Vanier Society
The Jean Vanier Society consists of the Canadians who have chosen to make a Planned Gift to the L’Arche Canada Foundation and L’Arche communities. The money entrusted to L’Arche will be used to carry out our mission and be endowed to last for future use of those who will need the services of L’Arche in generations to come.
We acknowledge members of the Jean Vanier Society here and in our newsletter as a way of saying “Thank you”.
Contributions received through the Jean Vanier Society will:
- Continue the expansion of L’Arche’s national network of 200 homes and programs
- Empower L’Arche Canada to address key systemic issues in Canada that prevent the full valuing and participation of people with intellectual disability.
- Invest in innovative programs that take the L’Arche model of community into other areas of society
- Invest in and train new leadership roles in L’Arche for the next generation of service to Canadians
- Support the growth and development of L’Arche in countries of need in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Please be sure to let us know if you have put L’Arche in your will, or intend to make another kind of legacy gift or donation by completing our “Bequest Intention Form” and sending it to our office via email, mail or fax.
Thank You to our Jean Vanier Society members!